Thursday 30 January 2014

Maybelline | Baby Skin Primer Review

I will put my hand up and admit, I have never used a primer before. I have wanted to but I have never had the money to splash out on them or thought that the cheaper versions would be worth it. But when Maybelline came out with their Baby Skin Primer I had to try it, as I have a few pores on my nose, forehead and chin, they're not big but my foundation does skin into them and makes them more visible.



First thing I noticed about this product was how smooth it felt, as I was applying it to my face, focusing on my pores, I just felt like it glided so effortlessly. It made my oily skin feel so soft and it had a demi matte finish to the skin. In terms of 'Instant Pore Eraser' when used alone on the skin, it made no difference, But when I applied foundation over top, it didn't sink in to my pores, it created an even base so my foundation looked better than it every had. I tested it using my Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation, as this usually separates on my skin and doesn't look that great. But with the Baby Skin primer, it lasted 8 hours happily and still looked good and felt really soft. As I said before, I haven't tested any primers before so I sadly cannot compare it to any higher end products.

I recommend this to anyone who is looking for a smoother and even foundation application. This has made me want to look into higher end primers, but for now, this baby is making me very happy!

Whats your experience with Baby Skin?
Do you have any primer recommendations?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...