Wednesday 9 October 2013

Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipsticks | 107 & 110

Today I'm going to give my opinion on one of the most talked about products of the year. 
I am a huge matte lipstick fan so I was instantly drawn to these. 
Firstly, I love the packaging, its a bright red which makes it so easy to find. I think the little signature with the heart is so cute. One thing I am disappointed with is the fact that the lipsticks have no names, only numbers. I'm usually okay with this but I know Rimmel do other lipsticks with adorable names, so they have no excuse not to.


110
This is the first colour I picked up and it was instant love. Its a bright red with an orange undertone. The finish isn't exact matte, its more of a satin velvet finish, but because of this, it isn't drying. The staying power is good, I would say 3-4 hours, it slightly fades with eating and drinking but nothing dramatic and it slightly stains your lips. This shade would look good on any skin tone, and due to the orange undertone, its a unique twist on a classic red lip. I would say to be careful though as it can make your teeth look slightly yellow.


107
Oh the hugely popular 107, everyone has gone mad over this shade and rightfully so. This is the perfect autumn/winter shade and suits everyone. Its a deep berry red, again it has more of a velvet finish rather than a matte finish and it isnt drying, however, I would recommend applying this after using a lip scrub and a lip balm as it can cling to dry patches. This lasts around 3-4 hours, before fading. I noticed when this began to fade, it settled into the lines of my lips and left the dreaded outer ring. When I tried to reapply I found it layered horribly, so I had to wipe off the lipstick and then apply, which can be annoying but the colour is worth it.

I highly recommend this range and these two colours, they have perfect unique shades of red.
Boots - £5.49


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...