Thursday 30 January 2014

Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm | Striking and Elusive Review

As a huge fan of the Kissable Lip Balm Stains, I was very excited to hear that Revlon were releasing a similar product, in a matte formulation. Matte products are my favourite as they last longer and I think they look more casual than a glossy lip. I knew I had to try these products so on the day of release I went to 3 different Boots to try and find them! The one Boots I found only had 4 shades in, and to my disappoint  only 1 of them were the one I wanted, but as they were on a 3 for 2 deal, I decided to bite the bullet and step out of my comfort zone and try something new. So I got 2 of the Matte Balms and 1 Lip Lacquer (Review coming soon!)

The packaging of these are amazing. Chubby Pencil products are everywhere now, and I adore them, they're so easy to apply, they're small and sleek so it will travel easily and also you don't need to sharpen this as it twists up. They have the same scent as the Kissable Lip Balm Stains, a light minty scent, I have heard a few people say they dont like it, personally I am a fan. You can kind of taste the mint when you apply it, so I suggest you smell the product to see if you like the scent first as it can be tasted.



The first shade I got was the one I was most excited about, Striking.
Striking is a gorgeous vibrant Red, I personally cant see any undertones, but reading other reviews I have seen people say they think it leans more orange, and others say it leans pink. For me, I say it comes off as a true red. I am always on the hunt for the perfect red lipstick and this rates pretty high.



It applies so effortlessly, a few swipes and your lips are opaque. I recommend using a lip balm under these for smoother application but it isn't a necessity like some matte products as it is more of a velvet finish than a true matte, so it isn't as drying, this shade doesn't show any dry patches on the lips either. However, I find that after a few hours, you can feel your lips becoming dry, but a bit of lip balm or a reapplication fixes that perfectly. I first tested this out when me and James went out to have some lunch, I had a cup of tea and a panini, and I noticed that the product began to fade at the centre of my lips, but it wasn't obvious until I looked closely into a mirror. I think without drinking or eating, this product can stay strong for 5-6 hours.

The second shade I got is Elusive, this is the one that scared me.
I am a big red lipstick fan, and I can wear it with ease, but for some reason, the thought of wearing a pink lip scares me, I think pink lipstick can either look good on someone or rubbish. But I swatched this shade and thought I would give it a go as it was quite a wearable shade of pink.



Elusive is a nice dusty pink, that is a perfect subtle shade to wear if you want a hint of colour but nothing to bright or in your face. I found that this took a few coats to get the right opaquency that I wanted and it chowed dry patches more than Striking, I believe this it because it is a lighter shade. I found the texture the same as Striking, it started velvety then dried down to a matte finish. I wore this to wore and it lasted really well over 4 hours, but after my lunch break I did have to reapply, it then stayed strong until I got home 5 hours later.

I think these lip products are absolutely amazing, I think they're one of the best lip products on the high street right now, the only fault I could find with these is that you have to reapply after eating but I dont know any lipstick that you dont have to do that to. They are a bit pricey at £9 each, but they are really worth it, I am looking forward to getting more shades when I can find them!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...