Sunday 22 December 2013

2013 Favourites | Nails

L to R | Models Own-Utopia, Nails Inc-Piccadily Circus, Rimmel London-Rose Libertine, Barry M-Pink Silver Glitter, Essie-Mint Candy Apple, Models Own-Luis Lemon
L to R | Barry M Gelly Hi Shine - Greenberry, Prickly Pear, Blueberry


Oh nail varnish, my weakness. I have loved nail varnish for years, which is probably why I have a collection of at least 70. This was probably the hardest to narrow down as I change up my nail polish at least every 3 days. So I picked the colours that I went for the most.

Models Own | Utopia - This is my go to neutral shade, I find true nudes look horrible on me, but Utopia is a gorgeous light pinky purple off white shade. It looks good all through the year and is a perfect shade for any glitter top coat. 

Nails Inc | Piccadily Circus - This has been my go to winter colour, its almost the exact same as Barry M's 'Raspberry' but ever so slightly darker, I find red shades hard to wear as they make my hands look dead, but dark berry reds are amazing and perfect for autumn/winter.

Rimmel London | Rose Libertine - This was my go to spring shade, its a gorgeous pink, it does come out slightly orange in some lights. I love Rimmel nail polishes, I think they're amazing quality for the price, they dry fast and have a lovely shine that lasts around 2-3 days without a top coat.

Barry M | Pink Silver Glittler - Every year I have stayed away from opaque glitters as I have hated the look of them, but I picked this up on a whim and I fell in love, its opaque in 2 coats, it doesn't feel incredibly gritty like others. I like wearing this on my ring finger as an accent nail, I found depending on what you wear it with it brings out different undertones. For example, when i applied this with Piccadily Circus it looked more pinky, but with a dark blue shade it looks more gold.

Essie | Mint Candy Apple - In the summer this almost never left my nails, its the perfect mint shade, its not too blue, or too green and its a lovely vibrant shade. I love the formulation, its opaque in 2 coats, it lasts 3-4 days with no chips, the brush is wide enough to cover the nail in one swipe. If you haven't already, get this shade!

Models Own | Luis Lemon - When I first got this, I was disappointed as it was really sheer and not as bright as I thought it would be, so I tried putting a white base underneath and it made a huge difference. It is a super bright neon yellow, that glows in the sun light. I think this would look gorgeous with a tan. But this isnt only great for summer, I like wearing it when the weather is dull as it really brightens up my mood.

Barry M Hi Shine | Greenberry, Prickley Pear, Blueberry -I thought I would end on my favourite nail polish range this year, quite is the Barry M Gelly Hi Shine range, I think Barry M are always on point with the latest nail trends and they always make them at good affordable prices. But I fell in love with this collection, all the colours are gorgeous and unique, they dry quickly, they take about 2-3 coats depending on the colour, they are ridiculously shiny and last a long time without chipping, they usually last around a week on me! These are the 3 most worn in my collection, the first is Greenberry, I loved this in summer, this is a bright turquoise shade, I don't usually go for this kind of colour but its a great pop of colour. The next is Prickley Pear, I love this shade as it is a pastel purple but its still quite bright. This does need 3 coats but its so shiny and long lasting, as you can see, I have used it a lot. And the last is Blueberry, I didn't originally like this shade as I was expecting more of a light blue, but this is a bright sky blue, it is a really bold colour that stands out in the summer sunshine.

What has your favourite shades of the year been?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...