Sunday 6 April 2014

12 Books before 2015

Every year I always say that I want to read more books, but I usually only read around one a year. I used to read a lot when I was little, but I guess growing up I just lost the passion. I was too busy with GCSEs, then college and now work, that I just felt like I didnt have time. But I have made a stand this year and I will read 12 books at least, and these are the ones I want to read and my thoughts on a few I have already read.




Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen 
Growing up I have heard countless amounts of quotes from this book, I think it sounds very interesting and I am dying to read this.

The Coma by Alex Garlan
I was recommended this book by my boyfriend, I was a bit sceptical at first but when I started reading, I couldnt stop and I ended up reading the whole book in one day. It plays with your mind and is incredibly gripping, I loved it.

Crank by Ellen Hopkins
I recently discovered this book when randomly browsing Amazon and I then heard it was banned in some places for its content, its based on a girl and her relationship with Crystal Meth

Looking for Alaska by John Green
I read this book at the beginning of the year and I have to say I was disappointed. Now dont get me wrong, I love John Green, but I think I just got sucked into the hype of this book and I felt it fell short, without giving spoilers, I felt that it didnt move me emotionally like I think it should have.





Stoner by John Williams
This definatly not the usual kind of book I go for but I have heard a lot of people saying its an amazing read and is inspiring.

Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Coyle
I am a huge Sherlock Holmes fan, I love the films and the TV series, so I feel its only right to find out where the character first began.

The Curious Incident of the dog in the night time by Mark Haddon
I was made to read this in school by my teacher but never got the chance to finish it and it was always playing at the back of my mind, so I got hold of a copy and 4 years later I have finished it. Its told from the angle of a 15 year old with autism, its like nothing I have read before and really helps you understand the condition

The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
This book is the first one I read this year and is also the first book to ever leave me crying. I cant say anything but read it if you havent!




The Great Gatsby by F.Scott Fitzgerald
I will admit, I have never heard of this until I saw the trailer of the new film and thought it looked amazing, I havent got round to watching the film yet, so Im excited to see what all the glits and glam is all about.

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
I have wanted to read this since I was 12, but back then I think I was too young to really understand the book and the meaning of everything, so I want to read it this year and finally appericate it

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
Do I need to explain this? Im a girl and I like romance

The Perks of being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
Again, another book that I hadnt heard of until they released a film, by the looks of the trailer it looks like a great relatible story line.


If there's any books you recommend, let me know 
Im always interested in reading new books and different styles of writing



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...