Tuesday 22 April 2014

The First Step In Getting Over My Fear

I have many fears in my life, typical ones like spiders and heights, but this particular fear I have, I think is stupid and pretty pathetic. The first step of getting over a fear is admitting it and facing why you have that fear. So Ladies and Gentleman, I admit, I have a massive fear of getting my hair cut. Whenever I think about getting my hair cut, even a trim, I shake and start to cry. Last time I got a cut, it resulted in a panic attack.



This isn't a fear I have always had, when I was younger I used to love getting it cut and styled. I managed to have quite reasonably long hair considering I took so poor care of it, but one afternoon at the age of 11 I made a very quick decision of chopping off my lovely locks and getting a very short, almost Victoria Beckham like, bob. At the time I loved it, in fact, I dont remember ever hating my hair shorter. It was quicker to style, easier to treat and just a lot more fun. But as I grew older, I saw people with long hair and frankly, I was jealous. They could put it up in cute buns, they could curl there hair, they could do anything with it. So I decided to stop getting it cut short and grow it out. But in stead of just getting small trims, I just stopped going to the hair dressers for a whole year.

After that year, I decided I needed a trim to tidy it up, but this was during the time I was constantly bleaching and colouring my hair, so my hair was so damaged, the hair dresser cut it all off, leaving me with short hair again. And I think this is where my fear came from. I became so obsessed over the idea of wanting long hair that I just have this thought stuck in my head that the hair dressers will just cut all my hair off and ignore what I want as a customer.

But I am 18 years old now and my hair is the longest it has ever been. And I hate it. Its so hard to handle, its tangly, I cant achieve the 'cute' hairstyles I thought I would, the ends are dead and split, and to be honest, I miss my short hair. So after some serious thought and support from my boyfriend, I have made myself an appointment with a professional stylist, not a home hair cutter, to get my hair sorted out once and for all, and to say goodbye with this attachment I have with this god awful hair of mine. I thought I would celebrate this first step by sharing my hair past with you, so alas, here are my hair choices through the years.


1999 - 2006 - 2006 - 2007



2010 - 2008 - 2008 - 2010 - 2007 - 2009


Im excited to see what is next for my hair.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...